Sharing something special that was written for me

KRONA POLA

The lions were awake, she says.

There is a particular way we speak to each other on Sundays.

It deems from that Eurasian island country, home to some of the oldest water wells in the world,

site of the earliest known example of feline domestication

from where you came to broad me so widely that it is now incomprehensible.

I did not understand, particularly, what happened during the first three seconds.

It is the smell of sharpened pencils in Athens in September,

I saw the whiteness of the clouds that we were cutting across

and I screamed, only for myself, as the winds pushed the sound back inside me.

Let me go up again, as a child running to the slides to coast one more time.

Yes, the lions are awake.

I saw the vastness. And I wanted to continue falling.

I see water in you.

By Aleksander Aguilar, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts